Saturday, March 31, 2012

Not all is lost.

       Decided to push into Elk Park tonight for a good dinner today after 23 miles in the woods. Signs abound advertising the "King of the road" steakhouse, but what those signs forgot to mention was that the restaurant wont be open until April 5th. Sat down in their parking lot deciding what to do, and made the call to push on another 1.7 into town for a diner.
       Haphazardly threw out the hitchhikers thumb a few times with little luck, until a sweet lady cleaning out her car asked me where I was going. When I told her just up to the diner she quickly offered me a ride, dropping me off right in front of Betty's place, home of some killer hamburgers. How great. But making my day wasn't enough for her.
       On the car ride into town I asked about the Upholstery shop adjacent to her house, wondering if it was hers, just to make conversation. She told me that it was and within the same sentence she had offered me the use of the couch within, her shower and the computer for the night. What a nice person.
       She has asked to remain anonymous but I just wanted to give an enormous thank you the woman who saved the end of a very long day.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Dan!!!! I love and miss you!!! BTW...Was that you calling me????

    ReplyDelete