Thursday, May 10, 2012

4-9-12

What a nice day. Started out 5 miles to U.S. I-81 where the 4 of us got ice cream and lunch, in thaat order. But on the way there we found an old schoolhouse with trail magic inside, it was great.
Kept going and made it to the restaurant and gas station for food shopping withthe gang.
Back in the woods we ran into more trail magic, a cooler full of soda! again a great treat.
There was some swimming today in a river, that I didn't take part in for no real reason at all. It was pretty chilly so I don't think that I missed out.
Now I'm at Knot Maul Shelter (mile 556.1) with plans to get up at 3a.m. and hike up to the top of ridge for sunrise. Providing that we can motivate ourselves to exit our sleeping bags. It's supposed to get down to 30 tonight so.....we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment